With RecFusion you can create 3D models of people, pets, furniture and many other objects, even your motorcycle! All you need is a depth-sensor like the Microsoft Kinect or the Asus Xtion. Just move the sensor around the object and you can see the model building up on your screen in real-time and in color. Use the built-in post-processing functions to prepare your models for 3D printing and publish your models on the web to show them to your friends.
Clean up the reconstructed 3D model using the built-in post-processing tools.
- Close holes in the mesh to make it suitable for 3D printing
- Smooth the mesh and reduce the number of triangles
- Remove unwanted geometry by removing small connected components or cropping the mesh
- Add socket to reconstruction for easier 3D printing
- Specify size of exported mesh
- Create hollow mesh for less material use when 3D printing